|You can't just sneak away from these people. Especially not the ones with Guns...|
L-R: Jan-Marcel, Sergeant Aten, Larry, Thomas, Officer Chavez
- I've driven that stretch of I-80 enough times to be fed up with it for a while, and
- It's full of road works, and
- The run south to Ely is dulk in the extreme, and
- The run to Ely via Austin isn't
|Mountains. Nevada. Sunday.|
|Desert. Nevada. Sunday.|
South of Ely US-50 and US-93 engage in an unholy sort of co-existence while poor lonely US-6 ploughs east on its own. I took the latter as the former is also fairly familiar. After Sacramento Summit I left US-6 to its own devices and headed south on NV-487, which turned into UT-21 after crossing a line on the map. The Nevada end passes Wheeler Peak, wot is the highest proper point in Nevada. Boundary Peak, apparently, doesn't count because its really a chunk of another mountain whose main pointy bit is in Stullifornia.
|Wheeler Peak: 13,000 feet (almost 4,000 metres) of Nevada-y Bigness|
On headaches: I have one. Bah! Pizza, Proper Tea and stroopwafels have failed to shift it, so I will go to bed instead.
- This sentence may contain traces of Lie. The date is correct, though.