Friday 10 June 2022

Day -90 iffen I doned my sums right

 So after a Several of months of procrastination I have secured a place to lay my weary head at the Battle Mountain Super 8 and thus today have spent a couple of hours doing that which irks the part of my soul1 that is Forever Yorkshire, viz. spending money on things.  It costs twice as much to hire a car for the duration as it does to fly from London's famous London to San Francisco.  And back.  And that's before you put petril in it.  Robdogs is what they are.  On the plus side I have redeemed some of the reward points earned from years of gadding about Leftpondia so the first night's stay - in Modesto CA since you ask - is costing me the princely sum of 0.00 USD.  And Uncle Sam has not pegged me as some kind of subversive heck-bent on overthrowing Western civilisation before lunchtime2 and says I can enter his country without fear of incarceration in a sub-tropical Reëducation Camp.

Alas for both Constant Readers there will be no extended travelogue this year - and thus not many pictures of bridges either - because that'd be tempting Providence a tad too much.  The trip that I was set to book the very day BRITAIN went into lockdown in March 2020 is tentatively on for 2023.  But who knows what plague-related fun'n'games may ensue between now and then, eh?

  1. Or whatever passes for one in these straitened and cynical times.
  2. Which could be tricky because I tend not to get up particularly early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

O hai, spammers!

All comments are moderated so don't bother.

Kthxbai!