A more leisurely day in store today. And it was only 25o at 9 this morning. Where's me jumper? Last night's caravanserai had a lovely view of a truck stop and contained this:
which is approximately 115.846% more tacky than anything on show at Graceland. In contrast, downtown Clinton has a cool linear park thing along the riverside levee:![]() |
| I couldn't get far enough away to fit the whole boat in the shot without falling in the river |
![]() |
| Play "Free Bird"! |
IL-84 veers away from the river through rolling countryside
and the town of Galena wich hav a v. interesting history ect etc. Ulysses S. Grant lived here and it's got loadsa historic buildings:
![]() |
| Galena Post Office; I suspect the aircon unit is not a period feature... |
I then got spat back across the river and into an impromptu tour of the armpit of Dubuque IA, due to the confusing signposting on the Illinois side. Back on the east side and the Great River Road veers off onto smaller county roads, passing through small towns without so much as a traffic light. And so into Wisconsin, where I ent been since 2009. Cassville has a cool ferry:
but at twenty of your Earth dollars I think not. Eventually the route joins forces with WI-35, mostly sticking close to the river again.
![]() |
| Old Settler's Overlook, near Genoa WI |
Winona, WinonaThe judge had a bonaBut couldn't condonaYour thieving persona
No wonder he emigrated to Captain Cook's Mistake.










No comments:
Post a Comment
O hai, spammers!
All comments are moderated so don't bother.
Kthxbai!