Sunday 17 September 2023

Day 25: Battle Mountain NV - Hines OR

I know I said "Burns" to them as asked but Hines and Burns are joined at the hip.  There.  Now you all know.

A whole two extra hours in bed this morning.  Though plenty of the Usual Suspects had departed long before me getting going was still a protracted business, not least because ten days in the same place means you lose the knack of packing.  Still, in spite of the whole thing being over for another twelvemonth there was a bit of good news:

Houston, we have a Mikey!

Once I'd finally extricated myself from the clutches of Battle Mountain the question was: could I get here without having to add MOAR petril.  The "Miles to empty" readout on the motor-car was firmly of the opinion that no, I could not but its worldview was distorted by a week of charging up 305 with my clog to the carpet and as a few economical miles were covered it revised its opinion.  Nevertheless, I stopped in McDermitt as Oregon starts there and petril is a bit cheaper in Nevada.

Todays was merely a reversal of day 16 but 2.743 times more dull because I wasn't going to hook up with chums old and new at the end.  Of it.  Northernmost Nevada still looks like this:


whereas southern Oregon looks more like this:


Anyway, I am now in Rory & Ryan's Inn which sounds like it ought to be:

  • a fake Irish pub, or
  • run by Dublin's answer to Hinge and Bracket
but isn't.  It's got a tremendously enthusiastic lass called Heather on the front desk though.  No phone signal here so I'm going to be swearing a lot in a minute when I try to book somewhere for tomorrow.  Toodle-pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

O hai, spammers!

All comments are moderated so don't bother.

Kthxbai!